District 7 will again use Pick-A-Time to schedule PreK-12 parent-teacher conferences to be held on October 31, 2022, from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and November 1, 2022, from 1:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Pick-A-Time allows parents to schedule conferences through the internet using the account from last year or by creating a new account. Registration will begin at 8:00 a.m. on October 21, 2022, and will end at 10:00 p.m. on October 30, 2022.
We will continue to hold parent-teacher conferences virtually in District 7. Participation in conferences across levels increased with the inception of virtual conferences. Virtual conferences offer parents the opportunity to engage without the need to drive to the building, take off work if applicable, or find childcare. In addition, our teachers are more likely to remain on time and may attend their own children’s conferences without significantly limiting their availability to parents. Ultimately, it is our goal to ensure that our parent/teacher conferences are productive in opening lines of communication and fostering the home/school partnership. In the event you need to schedule an in-person conference, or you do not have internet access, please contact your child’s building or teachers directly to make an appointment.
Scheduling Conferences using Pick-a-Time
- Navigate to www.pickatime.com/ecusd7 and login
- Returning users – enter email address and password
- New users click “Login/Create Account”
- Fill in required information
- Enter your child’s first and last name (together with no space)
- Enter your child’s birthdate (mm/dd/yyyy) and click “add”
- Select a date to schedule the conference
- Add additional children if necessary
- Click on the colored box of your preferred time slot. Each color represents a different teacher/course.
- Click “Create Appointment”
- A confirmation email will be sent with the date, time, teacher, and Teams link.
- A reminder email will also be sent 24 hours prior to the date of the conference.
- Elementary students with two teachers will schedule their parent teacher conferences with both teachers at the same time.
- Elementary conferences are scheduled in 15-minute blocks.
Middle School Students
- Middle school conferences are based on a student’s 2nd quarter class.
- 6th grade conferences are scheduled in 15-minute blocks with all five core teachers (Content Literacy, Math, Science, Social Studies and Language Arts)
- 7th and 8th grade conferences are scheduled in 10-minute blocks.
High School Students
- High school conferences are based on the student’s 2nd quarter classes.
- High school conferences are scheduled in 10-minute blocks.
Once you have registered for a virtual conference, the teacher’s Teams link will be listed with your email confirmation. This will give you access to the Teams waiting room until your scheduled appointment time.
Please feel free to contact your building secretary or principal if you have any questions.