Important COVID-19 Update
January 2, 2022
Dear District #7 families,
During the last two weeks while we have been on winter break an unprecedented surge in COVID-19 cases,
both locally and nationally, has occurred with the omicron variant.
Unfortunately, this surge has had an impact on our staff and the ability to adequately serve our students. As a
result, 6th – 12th grade students will begin the second semester remotely on Tuesday, January 4, 2022. This
adaptive pause will continue through Friday, January 7, 2022, at which time we will re-evaluate data. At this
time, K-5th grade students are unaffected and will begin the second semester as scheduled, but please be
advised things could change.
Important information to know now:
- Administrators, teachers and support staff will be at their respective schools to provide remote
- FLS and CASTLE students will be in attendance in all grade levels. All special transportation and
schedules will remain the same.
- Students who attend CAVC will continue to do so for their scheduled class periods.
- Students who need to pick up devices may contact their school office to schedule a time to pick up a
- Athletics will continue through the adaptive pause. However, during this pause, no spectators,
including parents, will be allowed to attend home games.
More specific information from your school and/or grade level will be forthcoming.
Thank you for your continued support as we work through the impact and disruptions of COVID-19.
Patrick Shelton, Ed.D.