- We have the winners of the window decorating contest! *In second place, we have Girls Basketball! Congratulations to every activity on a job well done! The windows look great!
- *In first place we have Tri-M!
- *In third place, we have Poetry Club!
- Open field for baseball will be held at the EHS JV Turf from 2:15-4pm. Sophomores, juniors and seniors will meet October 8, 10, 15 & 17. Freshmen will meet October 9 & 16. Equipment bags may be stored before school in the closet directly across from the Boys’ PE Locker Room. Questions see Coach Funkhouser.
- Film Society will show Beetlejuice this Wednesday, October 9th after school in Ms. Lane’s room, A263, until 3:45. All are welcome!
- The Math Tutor Lab will be open this Tues and Wed (Oct 8 and 9) in Room 318. Next week the EHS Math Department will open a Tuesday Morning Tutor Lab from 6:15am-7:15am in Room 317. This lab will be open every Tuesday morning until early December. Please see your math teacher for more details
- Today is the day to join the EHS Filmmakers Club! Learn how to make short films and get the opportunity to vote for The Eddies finalists which is our student film festival. Can you tell a story in 5 seconds? The 5 second film contest submissions are due no later than November 1st. Our next meeting is today right after school from 2 to 2:30pm in A206 Mr. Lipe’s room. For more information see Mr. Lipe or Mr. Schickedanz.
- There will be a very short Mu Alpha Theta meeting for all members on Wednesday at 1:55pm in A315.
- Did you know that many of your favorite brands actually originated in Germany? You may know that BMW and Aldi are German brands, but did you know that Adidas, Trader Joe’s, Puma, Bayer, Mercedes-Benz, T-Mobile, and Porsche also originated in Germany? This week is German week and to celebrate today, you should look for trivia cards around the school that feature a German-flag colored pretzel. Once you find the card, bring it to A223 to Ms. House, answer the question correctly, and receive a prize!
- Cheerleading will be holding a second tryout on October 28th at 4:30pm in the C gym. Anyone interested in trying out needs to pick up an informational packet from the athletic office on the second floor.
- Homecoming tickets are ON SALE NOW during lunch hours! The cost of the ticket is $20.00 and you must have your ID to purchase your ticket. If you are bringing an outside guest these forms must be completed and turned in before purchasing that ticket. Only 11th and 12th graders are allowed to bring outside guests.
- Attention 1st hour classes! Don’t forget about the spirit competition during 1st hour on Friday, October 11! Get your first hour class to dress in school spirit wear and get your classroom all decked out for homecoming! The winning classes will win a Tiger Den party!
- Make a dodgeball team for the annual Homecoming Dodgeball tournament! Teams are made up of 5 players and it costs $50 to enter. The winning team plays against the staff team at the homecoming assembly and could win either free parking passes or $500 cash!
- Do you have last year’s homecoming dress or an old formal dress you would like to put to good use? From now until October 12th, EHS is collecting homecoming dresses for students in need of dresses. Please bring your donations to the guidance office or Castle Lounge. Include a tag on the dress with your name and grade to receive a reward package for donating. If you are in financial need and would like a dress, please contact your school social worker or come to the guidance office.
- Wanna chat? For those interested in podcasting, Tiger Talk meets after school on Tuesdays in room A218. Swing by to see what the club is all about. See Ms. Mudge in A218 or Ms. Pontious in A217 if you have any questions!
- Students wishing to use the media center before, during, or after school must get a pass from a teacher or administrator beforehand. We welcome student to use the media center for study and reading, but this is not a place for socializing, which can be disruptive to those trying to study or read.
- The EHS Varsity Dance Team will be hosting their Fall/winter tryout on Oct 21… There will be a sign-up sheet outside of Coach Danielle’s classroom D150 all next week. If you intend to tryout you will need to sign up. More info will follow as it gets closer to the tryout date.
- Hey! Do you enjoy games like Smash Ultimate or Breath of the Wild? Are you interested in talking about Game Design? Do you like discussing Nintendo Direct news? Then come down to Nintendo Club!! We meet next Tuesday from 2-2:30 in A215. Hope to see you there!
- Attention freshmen interested in playing boys basketball this winter. Beginning Tuesday October 1st freshmen are welcome to attend open gym in the B gym on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2-4.
- Do you want to program? Do you want to build and compete with robots? Well, come to Mr. Morrissey’s room, A317, after school on Wednesdays. No prior experience is necessary!
- Are you interested in current political events? If so, come to the EHS Young Republicans Club! Meetings are held every Thursday, in room A317, after school.
- Women’s Empowerment Club will begin meeting again this year in A216, Ms. Patrow’s room. The meeting starts at 1:55. All are welcome.
- Attention Seniors: As you begin to apply to college, please remember to use your Parchment account to send your transcripts to your universities. Go to Parchment.com to access your account that you set up last spring. IMPORTANT: If you are using the Common Application to apply to your school, you must send your transcript to the Common Application, via Parchment.
- The Tiger Den is having a raffle to kick off the school year! You could win a Tiger Den shirt, coffee cup, and a $1 coupon! Tickets are $1 each or 6 for $5. They can be bought in the Tiger Den. Have a great year & don’t forget to be kind!
- Are you interested in Science Olympiad but were unable to attend the informational meeting? Please see Mr. Allen in room A327 for information and to sign up!
- Science club meets every Tuesday after school in room A327. We do outreach experiments, and activities that are based on club members interests. Please see Mr. Allen in A327 for more information or come to any of our meetings!
- Lit Mag meets on Thursdays after school to document the creative and literary scene here at EHS. We publish student created works of art, poetry, and prose. If you’re interested in joining, meet at 2pm on Thursdays in A208 or see Ms. Loesche in room A208 for an application.
- Special Olympics are in need of Peer Partners to participate in Special Olympics Flag Football. Peer Partners are students without disabilities who participate in practices and competitions along with their peers with disabilities. This is open to all students male and female. Please see Mr. Sumpter in room D176 as soon as possible if interested.
- The soda co-op has started again! Soda in the Ag Room- D180 for $1.00 each.
- Wargames Club will meet in Room A248 on Thursdays.
- Conspiracy Theory Club will meet every Monday in room D172.
- The cost of ids will now be $5.00.You may purchase them in the media center.
- Are you interested in Business and all related topics such as computer trouble shooting, computer programming, video production, banking and finance, world economics just to name a few? Come to Mrs. Harris room A-226 on Tuesdays after school. See you then.
- Are you interested in learning language? Are you interested in Japanese culture? If so, come to Japanese Club. Meetings are every Thursday in Mrs. Hicks’ room (A234).
Project 612- Let nothing be wasted. During lunch there will be collection bins and coolers for unused food items. Bins will be used to collect items like whole fruits or chips. While coolers will be for unused perishable items such as milk. All items collected will be given to local food pantries. Please direct any questions to Jen Weller (C112)