- Attention all Freshman, Sophomores, and Juniors interested in running for a class officer position for next year: Each class has 5 class officer positions available: President, Vice- President, Secretary, Treasurer and Historian.Voting will begin Monday, May 6, 2019, and be completed at the end of lunch on Friday, May 10, 2019. On line voting will close at 10:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 9, 2019. Only paper ballots will be accepted at lunch on Friday, May 10, 2019.
- A class officer candidate meeting will occur on Tuesday, April 30, 2019 in the Media Center.
- Class officer candidates may pick up an application in the Main Office and you must submit an application with the appropriate signatures by Friday, April 26, 2019.
- The E.H.S. Bass Fishing team recently competed in the Belleville Althoff Invitational Bass Fishing Tournament at Coffeen Lake on April 13th. Team members participating included A.J. Robertson, Adam Hoelscher, Nikolaus Traiteur, Tyler Schiebel, Murphy Ethington, Luke Slemmer, and Jonas Akeman. Way to go Bass Fishing Tigers!
- The team of Tyler Schiebel and Murphy Ethington took first place with a total catch of 14.19 pounds. There largest bass was 3.65 pounds, which was the third largest fish caught in the tournament.
- Any student who has an interest in applying for admission to one of the United States Service Academies for the Summer of 2020 are encouraged to attend the Service Academy Night in Springfield, IL, on Tuesday, May 7. For more information, stop by the Student Services Office to pick up a flier from Mrs. Kaffer.
- It’s time for The Eddies again. Our student film festival and award show is THIS Wednesday, April 24th at the Wildey Theater. Get your tickets during lunch today or tomorrow. Tickets for The Eddies are $4 in advance, $5 at the door. Tickets will sell fast.
- Anyone interested in kicking for the Tiger football team this coming Fall, there will be open field Wednesday April 24 4:30-5:30 pm on the turf.
- Anyone interested in trying out for the 2019-2020 EHS Dance team needs to attend the informational meeting on Thursday May 2nd at 7pm in the EHS media center. You and a parent need to attend. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. L in room D150.
- There will be a blood drive on Wednesday, May 1st in B gym from 7:30 am – 12:00 pm. If you are interested in donating please sign up for a time during your lunch period. You must be 16 years old to be able to donate. Each person who donates will receive a free t-shirt!
- Students interested in joining next year’s yearbook staff: applications are on the spinny thing in the main office. If you have any questions, then please see Mrs. Thrun in A113 or Ms. Mudge in A218.
- Do you like democracy, equality, and environmentalism? Do you want to change our society? Come to the Young Democratic Socialists Club on Thursdays in Ms. Mudge’s room.
- If you are an 11th or 12th grade student you should think about attending AFTER PROM! After Prom will run on Saturday, April 27th from 11 pm- 2 am and is FREE! Make sure to sign up at lunch or in room A229 and turn in your waiver by April 26th to get a FREE EXTERNAL POWER BANK for your cell phone. There will be Knocker Ball, video games, skating, the rock wall, the gymnastics room and DELICIOUS food! Some of the prizes for attendance will include scholarship money, airbuds, speakers and TVs. Sign up today!
- Don’t forget to visit the Spirit Store in the cafeteria open every Friday during lunch. All items are on sale this week, get them while they last.
- Math Tutor Lab will be moving to the second floor in Room A261. Math Tutor Lab is open Monday-Thursday and staffed by an EHS Math teacher and members of Mu Alpha Theta.