Upcoming District #7 Bond Proposal
March 13, 2023
Dear District #7 families,
In a few short weeks, residents in our community will vote on April 4 on our district’s zero-tax-rate-change bond issue. We will continue to share information, but I wanted you to know just a little more about what this proposal will do for our schools, our students, and our community.
Many of our schools are aging and in need of critical improvements. Our bond proposal will also fund important safety and security improvements at every District #7 school. Here is a list of some of the projects the bond proposal will provide:
- Upgrade safety and security, including secure double entry doors, at all District #7 schools.
- Repair and renovate building infrastructure items including roofs, windows, doors, floors, HVAC and plumbing and electrical systems at Lincoln Middle, Hamel and Midway elementaries and other schools where needed.
- Partially renovate and rebuild our century old historic high school building that now serves as Lincoln Middle School.
- Remediation of asbestos and construction of new classrooms and gymnasium at Hamel Elementary School.
- Complete repairs related to moisture infiltration and possible settlement at Midway Elementary.
- Complete an addition of 7,000 square feet to the Commons at Edwardsville High School.
Our District has a unique opportunity to complete the needed building updates without increasing the portion of the tax rate residents pay towards retiring school debt if the bond proposal is approved.
Thank you for sharing information about the proposal with your neighbors and friends. It is important for everyone to be informed. For more information on the bond proposal, including an FAQ and a list of projects by school, please visit www.ecusd7.org/bond.
Patrick Shelton, Ed.D.